Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Garlic Chicken Butternut Squash Lasagna


Butternut squash lasagna

I love paleomg. It is where I get the bulk of my yummy dishes. This is one of the many dishes that are delish! The only drawback is that a lot of the original recipe portions are too small for a family. Hey I can't blame her- who wants to cook for an army when you don't have to? On the other hand, I just so happen to be raising an army right now- so I usually have to adjust her portion sizes.
For this recipe, I would recommend doubling it no matter what...the recipe only makes an 8x8 or 9x9 inch dish. I usually make 3 or 4 times the original sauce and meat quantities. You do not have to double the squash. If you use a mandolin slicer, one squash will stretch for 2 pans.  We recommends letting the lasagna sit for about an hour after it is done cooking- I never do (I'm too impatient), so my lasagna is probably a little more runny than intended. Another thing to do, would be to make this the night before and let it thicken up in the fridge...Gosh, I love leftovers! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment